Monday, January 11, 2021

The cursed lover

I was a soldier once. I fought with valor and fought tirelessly. 

And I always won. I always won because there was a small fish of life within me. 

A fish of life, a fish of love, a fish with big eyes of luster and longing.

I traveled across the oceans and traveled across the mountains, I searched in the cities and searched in the skies, and everywhere I asked...


And when I couldn't find that fish of life and that fish of love, 
I couldn't even live. I couldn't even die.

And then, from nowhere, one fine day, one fine moment, a fish swam to me.

A fish of life, a fish of love.

The fish swam with me, the fish swam in me. 

I held her close. I lived for the fish. 

I loved her more, each day.

I lied for her. I ran for her. 

Heck, I even changed my plan for her.



And then, as I always feared,

And then, as I always knew,

Because I know I am a cursed lover, 

And then, it happened...

And here I am... 
Again, alone, as always!
Every time, I know, when I fall in love,
there comes a giant wave,
For I know, I am 
*The cursed lover*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails