Sunday, May 26, 2019

क्या ये जनम हुआ तमाम

There is a song by Sherry Mann titled Yaar Anmulle, full of college and youth nostalgia. There is a youtube series by TVF titled Kota Factory. There was a TV show in 90s titled Just Muhabbat, touching on teenage love and life around that. And there are thousands of coming-of-age sequences, which fill every one of nostalgia. 

Watching the first two of the above recently filled me with loads of not nostalgia but introspective regrets... I always thought that I have lived a full life. Once I actually claimed to someone that I have lived through everything that can be there. However, none of those were my experiences. I was a nerd, I was a bully, I was a lover, I was a fighter, I was a star, and I was a lot of other people at many times... but now I realize that I was just lost! 

I perhaps did a lot of things but everything at the wrong time... It was always too early or too late or too old or too young or too little or too much or too quick or too delayed... And it is at this stage of life, when I want to learn, want to love, want to live... but someone whispers in my ears - 

क्या ये जनम हुआ तमाम
हाँ ये जनम हुआ तमाम

P.S. - I always told someone that I am the cursed child of God, 
who will live for others and will never get anything for his own contentment. 
I never thought I would find my story written as a subscript to that of Harry Potter's.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails