Saturday, March 16, 2019

Warped in a time-warp

10th day since reaching back the place which is designated as home. While the space is altered and reached, the time zone is warped somewhere in between. So I am regularly getting up at around 4.30 before the break of dawn. So I am routinely feeling sleepy in the afternoons by dusk.

But the jetlag has brought something more interesting and perhaps, nostalgically beautiful. As I got up so early daily, I either roamed around the house doing random cleanups or just sat out in the balcony, like right now. The morning breeze - cold, soft, and fresh - took me back to the days when I got up so early by choice. When I was in Lucknow, I'd get up at 4.30 and leave by 5 for a walk on the Gomti banks, in Rumi Park, or the stadium.

The same gentle and cold breeze with the same smell caressed me back then too. Just that, I was walking or running back then, not lazily sitting in a chair, writing a blog post which probably three people (including myself) will ever read.

Nonetheless, I am happy, for a change, to regain a chip of that nostalgia. Someone used to call me a long-term optimist. And here I am - finding joys of jetlags.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails