Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The one where I turn Thirty

So exact six months from today, I'll turn 30. This reminded me of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. episode (The one where they all turn thirty). So I thought of a status check - What did I and do I want to do before thirty?

Well, I dreamt of being recognized as a poet. I got to publish and also win accolades from the ones I admired. I wanted to see a lots of places, which to the desired extent has been done. Research - I've lowered my expectations to the level where they've already been met. I wanted to build a good library. I have more books than I have time for. Love - done, done, done. Marriage - done.

I reckon that I have lived a good life. I have done things, I have failed, I have succeeded, and most of all, I have loved. In fact, if I die in this moment, it will be all in good humor.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails