Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A place called memory

Weather in Indore is pretty awesome these days - occasional sprinkling, cool breeze almost all day, and even if sunny, it is not so hot. I have an office, quite a lot to do, and a lot of acquaintances too. But still, I often feel lonely... more than lonely, I feel an emptiness. This is Indore. This is Not Ahmedabad, or for that matter, Lucknow. I'd have loved to be in either of those two places as those are the second and first cities of my life.

And at the same time, I think it is good that I am not there, for I had to be in a memory-less place for a while. There is too much of past in those places... Ahmedabad has five years of memories and with that, bundles of love, joy, relationships, hate, and everything. Lucknow is obviously the place with everything I love in my life and also what I despise. And for that matter, even Pune, Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore... all have a piece of me and a bundle of memories!!

Ironically, Indore is in center of all these cities and yet memory-less. For once, I want to shed all that is past and I want to move ahead in life freely... with no baggage at all. Ironically, yet again, albeit I am in Indore, I am in all those places too wherever the life has its imprints. For me, memory is a place and doesn't matter where I go, I always live there.

यादे-माज़ी अज़ाब है या रब
छीन ले मुझसे हाफ़िज़ा मेरा

1 comment:

Lemme Think said...

"For once, I want to shed all that is past and I want to move ahead in life freely... with no baggage at all." - Is that possible?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails