Saturday, December 25, 2021

उसकी ऑंखों ने झूठ बोला था

You know how, there are times when you idolize someone and then... you don't! Well, I've been that fallen idol and I have had a few as well. 

Driving to my office today, a Gulzar song was playing these lines:

लिखते रहे हैं तुम्हें रोज़ ये मगर,
ख्वाहिशों के ख़त कभी भेजे ही नहीं....

I felt that. 
You know how, there are times when you idolize someone and then... you don't! Gulzar is one such fallen idol for me. Although I still like a few scattered lines and thoughts by him here or there, mostly I feel like resenting. And how do you resent to a fallen idol? By a retort perhaps. Like it happened the other day, I read a couplet by Gulzar:

ऑंखें थीं जो कह गईं सब कुछ,
लफ्ज़ होते तो मुकर गए होते। 

and retorted as follows:
उसकी बातों का गिला क्या करते,
उसकी ऑंखों ने झूठ बोला था। 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails