Saturday, August 28, 2021

Naguva Nayana Madhura Mouna

Aeons ago, I remember, when I was teaching for the first time and a student told me about a trick to solve some queueing in operations questions. I sat with him for an hour to learn about it and he was amused because I was readily accepting of not knowing something and was willing to learn from him, a junior by a few years.

I suddenly recalled this a few days ago. Reason - because some students requested me to discuss a random assortment of topics in an open-ended session. I did. The final question was that why would I know such random things. I couldn't answer that then, so as always, I made up an answer then and there. However, later on, I wanted to go back and tell them that I am always curious and never ashamed of learning. Never ashamed of learning from anyone, even if that is a junior, a student, a friend, or a passer-by through my life. 

On a Saturday afternoon, sitting in my office, trying to write something, and failing yet again! I opened youtube and let it take me wherever the music goes. Youtube took me to a song - Naguva Nayana Madhura Mouna


I know I heard this song earlier. I remembered the song because I was trying to learn something. In fact, I know that you know that I love songs of so many languages. Because I am always curious and there is always some reason to learn something new. In fact, just the other day, I picked up a thought from the unlikeliest of places. I learnt this from Instagram: 


I think this is enough learning for a Saturday afternoon! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails