Monday, March 29, 2021

Musings


This was the post mentioned above, recalled on the Holi day today. The message was from a long lost junior-turned-friend, who often told me interesting and mostly appreciative things about my writing. After the brief chat above, we had a 34-minute conversation and a plan to meet soon. 

I don't know where all I have left footsteps to follow, marks to inspire, or words of wisdom. I never felt or intended that though but I'm told so often. 

Long ago, there was a website (probably called internet2.0) which helped in erasing every mark of one's existence from the internet. It was, sort of, internet suicide. I wonder if there is a newer version available somewhere. Can you help?

P.S. And that friend sent a nazm a few minutes after our phone call, after my blog post. Here it is:
नज़्म

मैंने अपनी आप मदद की
मैंने अपने आँसू पोछें
मैंने अपने ज़ख्मों पर 
ख़ुद पट्टी बाँधी
मैंने अपने टूटे दिल के हर टुकड़े को 
ठीक तरह से जोड़ लिया है
मैंने कुछ फ़िल्मो के सहारे 
फिर से हँसना सीख लिया है
मैंने ख़ुद को वक़्त दिया है
मैंने अपनी अलमारी में 
पड़ी किताबों के ऊपर से धूल हटाई
बाल कटाये शेव बनाई
मैं अपने हर शौक़ को फिर से ज़िंदा करके 
उनको पूरा करने का भी सोच रहा हूँ
अब मैं अकेला नहीं रहा हूँ 
अब मैं अपने साथ खड़ा हूँ

ये सबकुछ एहसान नहीं है
कर्ज़ है मेरा मेरे ऊपर
और किसी से आस नहीं थी
ये सब मैं ही कर सकता था
वक़्त वगरना इन आँखों में 
ना उम्मीदी भर सकता था
इक दिन मैं भी ट्रेन से कटकर 
मर सकता था।

~बालमोहन पाण्डेय

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails