Monday, March 15, 2021

हमेशा देर कर देता हूँ मैं

As you have always known, I live in the past, for most of my life is there. Now, even more so. And I analyse those things past a lot. So I have realised yet another aspect - an anomaly, if you may. I have done everything at the wrong time, mostly with a delay. Proof, you say? Well, here are a few! 

You remember those small medicine tablets? Well, I couldn't swallow one till pretty late. I think till class 9, I had to ask for a syrup or mom had to crush the tablets to powder form. Then, one fine day, I got embarrassed enough and I practiced swallowing the tablets with help of a bottle full of Hajmola tablets. 

Another delayed thing in my life was learning to tie and untie those knots of pajama trousers. I didn't wear one because I couldn't tie it well. Worse, I couldn't untie one in time for, you know, for what! I think this skill had to wait till my undergraduate years. 

Yet another one was learning calculus and matrices. I had business maths in class 12, which was very basic. Finally, I took a tuition to learn the calculus, matrices, and a lot of what everyone would do in class 12. I think this was around my post-grad, when I finally learnt sitting with class 11 students in the tuition. 

But you know, which delay feels the worst of all? Yes! That one! I have conquered the other delays albeit with a delay... but this one... I think I have got too late on this one! So let me fall silent for this one and hear it from Munir Niazi: 


ज़रूरी बात कहनी हो कोई वादा निभाना हो

उसे आवाज़ देनी हो उसे वापस बुलाना हो

                                                             हमेशा देर कर देता हूँ मैं

बहुत देरीना रस्तों पर किसी से मिलने जाना हो

किसी को याद रखना हो किसी को भूल जाना हो

किसी को मौत से पहले किसी ग़म से बचाना हो

हक़ीक़त और थी कुछ, उस को जा के ये बताना हो

                                                             हमेशा देर कर देता हूँ मैं

1 comment:

Shruti said...

That one?

Which one? 🤷‍♀️

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails